Dinesen Floors A/S
DUST EXTRACTION SYSTEM FOR HIGH QUALITY WOODEN FLOORS
Quality is the cornerstone of Dinesen Floors A/S’ business model. Located in Denmark, the company produces ultra-high quality wood flooring solutions and other exclusive wood product solutions. Dinesen caters to the high-end market where quality is an absolute selling point. To exist within this market, the company requires the highest standards of production which is achieved through the investment in state-of-the-art production facilities.
When the time came to open a new factory to supply large quantities of solid oak flooring on a daily basis, a reliable dust collector system was needed. And when Dinesen had to decide who was going to supply this new filter, Moldow was chosen:
– In every decision regarding our new oak factory we have focused on choosing the very best solution. Reliablity and uptime have been crucial to our selection of equipment suppliers, and taking this into consideration, Moldow’s extraction solutions fit perfectly, Head of Production at Dinesen, Ole Buelund explains.
Reliable, efficient dust extraction system
Outside the new production facilities in Denmark, a large negative pressure MHL filter system with a capacity for 80,000 m3/h is now installed, including four fans, a cyclone and a waste transport system emptying into closed containers.
– Throughout the project, the focus has been on designing an energy efficient solution that is able to extract the large air quantities without compromizing the balance in the building, Moldow’s Sales Engineer, Vagn Winum explains.
– The air balance in the building is ensured by returning 80% of the extracted air back to the machine enclosures while the last 20% is used by the exchange unit to heat fresh air which is then returned to the factory floor, Vagn Winum points out and adds that this solution ensures a better working environment and large energy savings.
Dinesen is very pleased with the final result and they were also very happy with Moldow’s project process as Head of Production Ole Buelund points out: – Moldow has designed and supplied a very satisfying solution that we are very pleased with. At the same time, the work carried out in connection with installation and maintenance has been superb.
Large savings of 150,000 kWh/year
Production companies all over the world focus on achieving energy savings and optimization, and Dinesen Floors is no exception.
They have chosen a solution that ensures large energy savings on their dust extraction thanks to an efficient filter system with minimal loss of pressure, highly efficient frequency-controlled fans plus the integrated Moldow Energy Manager system which provides control of dampers at every machine and regulates the air quantity in the system based upon which machines are operating.
– The system is managed by an advanced control system that ensures large energy savings by adjusting the air flow from the fans to the actual extraction need. This way, the number of running machines, and thereby the amount of air and chips needed to be extracted to the filter, determines the extraction air flow, Vagn Winum explains.
However, multiple factors contribute to the total energy savings:
– The design of the MHL filter itself contributes to the large savings compared to other types of filters on the market, as the air velocity in the filter is lower, the pressure loss is minimal, and the bag cleaning is very efficient. The return air to the machines and the heat exchanger is also an important factor when designing an energy optimized system as the extracted air and heat is recovered and sent back to the machines and production facilities.
Calculations show that Dinesen saves no less than 150,000 kWh/year on the extraction itself, compared to if they had chosen a traditional extraction system.
Advanced material emptying system
The system is designed with a pneumatic transport system including fan and ducting with changeover dampers for three containers. The system runs in a closed loop system ensuring material is only deposited in the containers with no spillage. Due to the large amount of material produced, a total of three containers have been implemented.
When a container is full and needs to be emptied, a transport company is notified automatically, and the changeover dampers allow for the control of which container is used.
Dust Extraction for Veneer Shop with Energy Manager system
|Waste type||Sanding dust|
|Product||1 x MHL – ATEX|
|Air Quantity||48,500 m3/h (28,500 CFM)|
Melitta USA Inc, USA
Centralized Trim Collection System for Cone Coffee Filter Production
|Customer||Melitta USA. Inc.|
|Waste type||56 g/m² creped, wet strong Coffee Filter Paper|
|Product||2 x Dan Sep 15|
|Air Quantity||8 lines 2803 m3/h each|
|Waste Material||Corrugated Paper Waste|
|Filter||1 x MHLS-336 Ex|
|Fans||1 x Dan Sep 15|
TWO DUST EXTRACTION SYSTEMS FOR CARDBOARD MANUFACTURER
Two Moldow Dust Collectors for Finnish Cardboard Manufacturer
They were looking for a more cost-efficient waste material handling system, and in close cooperation with our distributor in Finland, PPT Pölynpoistotekniikka Oy, they found a solution with our SB dust collectors.
Jet Filter for Cardboard Waste Material
First one filter for 30,000 m3/h was installed, and due to a need for increase in production capacity, an almost identical system was installed just after.
Each system includes a SBJ baghouse filter with a jet/air conveyor bottom which transport the waste material to a large capacity rotary valve, which then discharges the material.
With these new extraction systems, the noise level and energy use was reduced considerably, and the need for material separators was eliminated.
Besides achieving energy savings thanks to the efficient dust collector design, recycling of the cleaned air ensures further savings for the customer.
Morava Wood, Czech Republic
Two MHL filters for Wooden Floors Manufacturer
|Customer||Morava Wood Product s.r.o.|
|Waste type||Chips and dust|
|Product||2 x MHL – ATEX|
|Air Quantity||180,000 m3/h (106,000 CFM)|
|Fans||5 x Moldow fans|
SB Filter for Small Workshop
|Waste type||Chips and dust|
|Product||1 x SBT|
|Air Quantity||15,000 m3/h (8,800 CFM)|
|Fans||1 x Moldow fan|
Fritz Hansen, Denmark/Poland
MHL Filters for Furniture Manufacturer
|Waste type||Chips and dust|
|Product||2 x MHL|
|Air Quantity||60,000 + 35,000 m3/h (35,000 + 20,600 CFM)|
|Fans||3 x Moldow fan|
MHL Filters for Window Manufacturer
|Waste type||Chips and dust|
|Product||1 x MHL|
|Air Quantity||130,000 m3/h (77,000 CFM)|
|Fans||9 x Moldow fan|
CASE: EXTRACTION AND FILTRATION OF WOOD AND CEMENT
Energy Efficient Extraction and Filtration of Wood and Cement
Air filtration specialist Moldow A/S has supplied three specially-designed, energy efficient dust extraction systems for acoustic panels manufacturer Troldtekt A/S’ 13,000 cubic meters production hall in Denmark.
In 2019 Troldtekt opened a brand new production line in Troldhede, Denmark, where they manufacture the world-renowned acoustic panels of wood and cement.
The material processing in the 320-meter-long production hall entails a large need for extraction and filtration of the dust-filled air as well as ventilation of the hall. The three Moldow filters and heat exchanger take care of that ensuring a safe working environment.
Sustainable Production and Concern for the Environment
Energy efficiency and sustainability have been keywords in the design of their new production line. With a production dating back to 1935, Troldtekt is built on proud traditions and also takes the lead when it comes to environmental considerations.
Having been developed with extreme focus on energy efficiency, Moldow’s extraction systems largely comply with Troldtekt’s requirements for sustainable production.
– The way the filter and fan are designed together with the frequency converters make the systems very energy-efficient compared to traditional extraction systems, Sales Engineer from Moldow, Vagn Winum, explains.
– As a part of the project we’ve also supplied a large heat exchange unit for 50,000 m3/h for ventilation and air renewal. The reuse of the heat from the hardening process and the 73% efficiency of the heat exchanger ensure large energy savings on the production hall ventilation, Vagn Winum says.
Troldtekt has also set the goal to recycle the waste materials from the production.
– When the waste material has been separated from the air in the filter, it is discharged, collected in containers and then recycled. The cement content is used as a raw material in new cement, and the wood waste is used for production of bio wood pellets, Orla Jepsen explains.
System for Extraction and Filtration of Dust-filled Air
The Danish extraction specialist was in charge of dimensioning, manufacturing and installing the dust extraction systems.
– Having cooperated with Troldtekt for many years, we were proud to be chosen as the supplier of their new extraction systems. Their demands for efficient production and the mixture of wood and cement in the air place special demands on our systems and solutions. We’re very pleased that Troldtekt had faith that we could lift the task, says Vagn Winum.
– Based on our previous cooperation, we knew that Moldow has a strong engineering department, and we were convinced that they could provide us with the right, reliable extraction solution. In addition, their service department and high system efficiency have been crucial factors for us, explains Orla Jepsen, Production Manager at Troldtekt.
– With the mixture of wood and cement in the extracted air, we had to develop a new bottom part for the filters to ensure operational safety and long service life. As the cement dust is very abrasive, we’ve minimized the number of moving parts to thereby minimize the need and cost of maintenance, Vagn Winum explains.
Previous Cooperation on Air Extraction and Filtration
The cooperation between Moldow and Troldtekt began several years ago.
With a 220,000 cubic meters production area, Troldtekt has several existing production halls which also use Moldow’s extraction systems and dust collectors. You will find among others two additional Moldow filters, one with silo and one with a DanSep pre-separating unit, and another heat exchanger.
– Of course we’re always happy when a customer chooses us again when expanding their production. This means that our products, solutions and service have met their expectations, Vagn Winum says.
In other cases, and if the sorroundings allow it, it would be possible to expand the exsisting filter unit thanks to the modular design of the Moldow MHL filters, if the extraction needs rise.
MX Filters for Airlaid Production
|Customer||Dan-Web Machinery A/S|
|Waste type||Cellulose fibers|
|Product||4 x MXNJ|
|Air Quantity||325,000 m3/h (191,500 CFM)|
|Fans||67 x Moldow fans|
CASE: FILTERS AND FANS FOR AIRLAID
Complete Production Line and Air Filtration System for Large Airlaid Manufacturer
Moldow A/S and Dan-Web Machinery A/S, two of the largest international suppliers within their respective fields, have in cooperation just finished the delivery of a complete production and air filtration system for the American Airlaid industry.
The customer is one of the world’s largest manufacturers within airlaid – an industry responsible for producing e.g. napkins, feminine hygiene products, wipes and toilet paper.
Based on their specialized knowledge and reputation for supplying high quality lines for this particular industry, Dan-Web Machinery A/S was chosen as the supplier of the complete production line with Moldow A/S as the supplier of the extraction and filtration system including fans for a large new manufacturing facility in the United States.
– Our cooperation with Dan-Web goes back more than 20 years. They were looking for a supplier capable of ensuring the best solutions within dust extraction and air filtration to include as part of their complete scope of delivery, says Moldow’s Managing Director, K. Preben Hansen.
The installation and commissioning of the production line has just been finalized.
– We have supplied four large baghouse filter systems for a total capacity of approx. 600.000 m3 air per hour and about 70 fans. They are to ensure correct extraction from the production facilities and filtration of the air, separating the cellulose fibers from the airstream. The captured fibers are then transported and feed to balers via jet conveyors and cyclones, and the clean process air is returned to the production facilities, explains Product Manager, Johannes Ipsen.
Air Filtration Systems Adapted to Each Industry
Moldow is well-known worldwide for supplying extraction and filtration systems to the woodworking industry since 1921, but the Moldow Filtration Systems are also used within other industries:
– Our filter systems were originally designed for the woodworking industry, but our well-founded technical knowledge within filtration has allowed us to adapt these systems for use within the non-woven fiber, pulp, paper and also airlaid industries where we have been active for more than 20 years, Johannes Ipsen says.
– When filtrating this type of material, it’s especially important that the fibers are not exposed to moisture through condensation. This is why these particular filters have been insulated and are placed under a roof. This is somewhat atypical but the best solution to ensure a reliable system, explains Johannes Ipsen.
New Project Already in the Pipeline
Airlaid is a growing industry worldwide, and this project is only one within a long line of successful projects that Moldow and Dan-Web have cooperated on, and the next one is already in the pipeline:
– We are already working on a similar project to an airlaid manufacturer in Scandinavia with the installation starting within a few weeks, says Johannes Ipsen.
What is airlaid? The airlaid process is a unique manufacturing process for handling natural paper fibers. Compared to traditional wet processes, the fibers are handled and transported by air. The resulting products are both soft and highly absorbent, and airlaid materials are used in a large number of everyday products, such as table top products, sanitary napkins, meat pads, wet wipes and other absorbent products.
|Waste Material||Mineral fibers|
|Filter||1 х MHL filter|
|Air Quantity||50,000 m³/h|
|Fans||1 x Moldow DAT|